.FR domain names at Gandi
Gandi has been accredited by AFNIC since March 2004
see the .FR price list
Gandi contract: https://www.gandi.net/contracts
Terms and Conditions
.FR is open to individuals over 18 years old and organizations which reside in the European Economic Area or in Switzerland
. Individuals must indicate their information of birth. We strongly suggest that organizations fill out the company identification fields (VAT number, SIREN, WALDEC, DUNS, etc.) as this will facilitate any verification that AFNIC might perform at a later date.
The same eligibility conditions apply to the administrative contact
from 1 to 63 alphanumeric characters or hyphen (other than in the first or last place)
IDN (accented domain names):
.gouv.fr. Some of the other former sub-domains have been dropped or assigned
to different resellers
yes, provided by the Registry for natural persons
Reserved domain names:
names and terms subject to additional particular conditions and to AFNIC prior review (Naming Charter
- domain names previously reserved or prohibited (list
not exhaustive) open to applicants that justify a legitimate right and act in good faith
- names beginning with "ville-", "mairie-", "agglo-", "cc-", "cg-", "cr-" subject to AFNIC naming conventions rules
domains are deactivated upon expiration; it is possible to renew up to 28 days following the expiration date
Disputes: Dispute resolution policy
Transfer (change of Registrar):
with an authorization code, supplied by the current Registrar. The transfer to Gandi does not include any renewal (remaining period is lost). Trade (changing the owner during a transfer) is possible. TransferProhibited status is not available. A transfer usually takes 8 days (23 days if the losing Registrar refuses the transfer request)
Change of Ownership:
subject to the explicit agreement of the former owner and the new owner. You have 15 days to authorize the ownership change by e-mail or by fax. Once the ownership change is successfully completed, the creation date is reset by the AFNIC, and any remaining period is lost and not refunded.
quarantine of 30 days, see the table
Opening of .FR 1 and 2 characters domain names
from December the 8th 2014 to February the 9th 2015, reserved to the following persons:
- owners of a French, Community or International (that designates France) trademark registered before July the 9th 2012: the domain name must correspond to the name of the trademark
- French local authorities: the domain name must correspond to the name of the local authority
- companies registered before July the 9th 2012 in one of the member states of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland: the domain name must correspond to the business name of the company
- individuals residing in one of the member states of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland: the domain name must correspond to the last name of individual.
AFNIC will review the requests according to their arrival order. Once your registration request has been made, you will have to provide the required document within 7 calendar days. If your request has been reviewed and rejected by AFNIC, you will not be entitled to receive any refund.
from Frebruary the 16th to March the 16th 2015: the Landrush period will run in 4 successive phases of one week subject to a decreasing pricing. The domain names will be allocated under the first come, first served basis.
: March the 17th 2015.