.KYOTO domains at Gandi.net
Accreditation: Gandi has been accredited by Kyoto Jyoho Gakuen since September 2015.
Price: see the .kyoto price list
Corresponding Gandi contract: https://www.gandi.net/contracts
Terms and Conditions
Assigning: .KYOTO domain names are open to:
- Kyoto municipalities and local governments;
- Public and private institutions with a valid physical address in Kyoto;
- Organizations, companies, and other businesses with a valid physical address in Kyoto; and
- Natural persons with a valid physical address in Kyoto.
Syntax: from 3 to 63 alphanumeric characters or a hyphen (excluding in the first, third and fourth, and last place)
IDN (accented domain names): yes, Japanese
Registration period: 1 to 10 years during general availability, 1 year during both Sunrise I and II and Landrush periods.
Launch Phases: -
Sunrise I (October 1st to November 30th, 2015) : reserved to holders of a trademark registered with TMCH
- Sunrise II (December 2nd to December 25th, 2015) : reserved to local government, publics institutions, trademarks holders whose marks are not registered or not eligible to be registered in the TMCH, trademarks holders in non-ASCII script (transliteration), regional collective marks and others rights holders. Registrations are not available on our interface please contact our customer service.
(January 4th to February 3rd, 2016) : open to everyone eligible to .kyotoRenewal: domains are deactivated upon expiration. It is possible to renew up to 45 days following the expiration date.
Disputes: URS, UDRP and Eligibility Dispute Resolution Policy
Transfer (change of Registrar): the process is started on the new registrar's interface with an auth code. Ensure that your domain does not have a TransferProhibited status, does not expire soon, is older than 60 days and has not been transferred in the last 60 days. The effective transfer depends on your validation (by email) and renews the domain name for one year.
Change of Ownership: available on our interface. The current procedure consists in email confirmation by both former and new domaine name owner. Expiration date is unchanged.
Deletion process: quarantine of 30 days, see this table