The RO domains on Gandi.net
Accreditation: Gandi has been accredited by ICI since October 2011
Price: see the .RO price list
Corresponding Gandi contract: https://www.gandi.net/contracts
Terms and Conditions
Assigning: .RO domains are open to everyone
Syntax: from 1 to 63 alphanumeric characters or a hyphen (excluding in the first and last place)
IDN (accented domain names): yes
Registration period: 1 to 10 years
Subdomains: yes (.com.ro, .org.ro, nom.ro)
Private domain registration: yes, at the registry level for natural persons
Registration: during the registration of your domain name on our website, please indicate:
- your entity type (individual, commercial company, non-profit organization ...),
- for legal persons: your registration number and if you are in the European Union your fiscal code (VAT number...),
- for individuals: your ID number (passport number...).
Renewal: no later than 2 days
before the expiration date
Transfer (change of Registrar): the request is launched from the website of the domain's new registrar. Be sure that you have the domain's auth code ("Transfer Authorization Key" that must be obtain from the Registry interface), that the domain's status is not "TransferProhibited" or "reserved" and that it does not expire soon. The transfer must be confirmed by email and the expiration date remains unchanged
Change of Ownership: be sure that you have the domain's auth code ("Trade Authorization Key" that must be obtain from the Registry interface), that the domain's status is not "TransferProhibited" or "reserved", and that it does not expire soon.
The owner change process requires:
- the Gandi owner change form completed and signed with your ID documents that must be send to Gandi,
- a signed letter with your ID documents that must be sent to the Registry in order to complete the owner change.
The expiration date is reset after the effective owner change.
Deletion process: quarantine of 30 days, see this table.