.RUGBY domains at Gandi.net
Accreditation: Gandi has been accredited by World Rugby Strategic Developments Limited since November 2017
Price: see the .RUGBY price list
Corresponding Gandi contract: https://www.gandi.net/contracts
Terms and Conditions
Assigning: In a first time .RUGBY will be reserved to the rugby community (including its clubs, teams, officials, events, etc.) and requires the provision of a token obtained from the Registry. This eligibility condition does not apply during the Sunrise period.
From the Registry’s General Opening (July 1st 2019) .RUGBY will be available to anyone.
Syntax: from 1 to 63 alphanumeric characters, a hyphen (excluding in the first and last place), currently 1 to 4 characters domains are reserved
IDN (accented domain names): no
Registration period: 1 year during Sunrise period, 1 to 10 years during other periods
Third-level domains: no
Private domain registration: yes, with Gandi's option Whois privacy
The .RUGBY domain name launch will occur in different phases:
- TMCH Sunrise (November 15th 2017 to January 16th 2018): reserved to the holders of a trademark registered with TMCH, allocation in auction in case of several requests for the same domain
- Limited Registration Periods - Dot Rugby Community Priority Period : during this period registration is reserved to members of the rugby community (including its clubs, teams, officials, events, etc.) and requires the provision of a token that you can obtain with the Registry:
- Community Priority Period - Invitation Only (January 17th to April 27th 2018): selected persons within the rugby community will be invited to register names of their choice. This phase will not be available online with Gandi
- Community Priority Period - Landrush (April 30th to June 29th 2018): open to all members of the community. Allocation at the end of the period, contested applications will be resolved by a process involving consultation, mediation, and auction. This phase is available with Gandi as “Landrush”
- Community Priority Period - General (July 2nd 2018 to June 28th 2019): open to all members of the community on a "first come first serve" basis and will be available with Gandi as “Go Live”
- General availability (1st July 2019): open to anyone. It will also be available with Gandi as “Go Live” at the date of the opening phase at the registry. Registrations during the first 7 days of the general opening will be subject to additional costs decreasing over time (“Early Access” period), registrations will be not available online during this period.
Renewal: domains are deactivated upon expiration. It is possible to renew up to 45 days following the expiration date
Disputes: URS and UDRP
Transfer (change of Registrar): the process is started on the new registrar's interface with an auth code. Ensure that your domain does not have a TransferProhibited status, is older than 60 days and has not been transferred in the last 60 days. The effective transfer depends on your validation (by email) and renews the domain name for one year
Change of Ownership: available on our interface, the current procedure consists in email confirmation by both former and new domain name owner. The expiration date is unchanged
Deletion process: quarantine of 30 days, see this table