Everything you need for the success of your website
1. Register a domain name
Define your online identity from one of the most comprehensive extension catalogs on the market.
Lacking inspiration? Our smart domain suggest tool can find domain names for you, and help you find the ideal one for your website.
2. Find a hosting plan that fits your website
Launch your website, your online store or your shared documents solution in just a few minutes thanks to our one-click offers: WordPress, Prestashop, and Nextcloud. An automatic installation that is quick, and hosted on modular servers located in France.
Do you want to deploy your own web application? Our servers adapt to your needs.
3. Create your professional email mailboxes
Win the confidence of customers and improve the promotion of your brand with a professional email address in the name of your company. Each domain includes 2 mailboxes with 3GB of storage each for free.
4. Secure your website
Ensure that your transactions are secure by installing an SSL certificate for free. The HTTPS protocol increases the trust of visitors to your website, and contribute to better search-engine referencing.
5. Benefit from expert customer support
Do you have a doubt, question, or a problem? A team of experts is ready to help, advise, and solve problems in a simple and clear manner. Whether your site is a small place to express yourself or one that manages the entire world, we answer everyone with the same attention to detail.
Manage your domain name with ease
A single interface
Manage all of your products autonomously from a single and intuitive interface for simplified online presence.
Define user profiles to correspond to each person's role to encourage collaborative management by teams.
Why choose Gandi
Expertise since 1999
Web specialist for over 20 years, managing 2.5 million domain names, 200,000 hosted websites/applications, 720,000 emails, and 55,000 SSL certificates.
Reactive and competent customer support
We do everything possible for you! Our expert agents are available 24/6 around the world, ready to help you via multiple channels.
Protecting your confidentiality
Your site is hosted in France or in Luxembourg, to assure the protection of your data and the respect of your privacy.
Need help? Here are all the ways that you can contact us.
Frequently asked questions
How do I create a professional email address?
Having a professional email address associated with your domain name creates a link between your website and the correspondence you have with your customers and prospects. It's an effective means of building your online identity. A professional email address enables you to:
- Build your website's credibility
- Earn the trust of your correspondents
- Secure your communications
- Easily forward your emails
A professional email address should be short and simple. We recommend that you opt for a standard "firstname.lastname@example.org" format, or the more informal "email@example.com." When you register a domain name at Gandi, you'll get two free email addresses with up to 3 GB of data storage. To learn how to create your professional email address, follow the instructions on our online documentation.
Why and how do you create a website?
Creating a website means giving your business a place where you can promote your products and services on the internet, improve your business's visibility in a wider swath of the population, and position yourself as an expert in your field, as well as gain the trust of internet users.
To create a website in under 5 minutes, Gandi offers several pre-configured products you can install automatically. To create a website, you just need to follow 3 simple steps:
- Register a domain name, which will be the address of your website. To learn more, please see our documentation on domain name registration.
- Choose your web hosting, which will make it possible to view your site online. If you want to launch a blog or create a showcase website, we recommend opting for WordPress. If you want to open a shop online, Prestashop is a better CMS option.
- Install an SSL certificate, which will ensure the security of your website. At Gandi, you can get a free SSL certificate when you register your domain name. Find the different steps to install your SSL certificate.
Why and how do I install an SSL certificate?
An SSL certificate secures your website by guaranteeing:
- Secure data transfer
- Quality user experience
- Better natural search engine ranking (SEO)
An SSL certificate shows internet users that your website can be trusted and so it's essential for any professional website. At Gandi, an SSL certificate is included with your domain name and the installation procedure only takes a few minutes.
What is a domain name?
A domain name is both the address and the starting point of your website. It relates your website's IP address, and the other services linked to it (like email, for example), to an easy-to-remember word or phrase.
A domain name usually but not always uses your brand's or business's name. Either way, it should:
- Be meaningful and relevant
- Be short, simple, and memorable
- Not contain any linguistic or grammatical errors
- Describe your business
- Be unique and attractive
Which hosting provider should I choose?
You should know that there are three types of web hosting:
- SaaS, or Software as a Service. SaaS is the simplest web hosting option since the provider installs and manages your website for you, but you don't control your own data.
- PaaS, or Platform as a Service. PaaS is an intermediary web hosting option where the "System" part is automatically managed by a CMS. The administration of the website, then, is simplified and you maintain control over your data.
- IaaS or Infrastructure as a Service. IaaS is the most flexible web hosting option, but it's also the most technically complicated since it requires strong computer skills to manage
When you choose your web hosting, you should take into consideration your needs in terms of flexibility and power, but also your technical aptitude. If you're just starting out, we recommend opting for a PaaS solution and installing the WordPress CMS on it for a showcase website, or Prestashop to launch your online shop.
Which CMS should I choose?
Which CMS you choose depends on how you want to use it:
- WordPress is the ideal option if you want to create a showcase website or launch an online blog. This open-source tool gives you access to a large number of templates to customize your site and your image.
- Prestashop is for creating an online shop and provides a wide array of features for managing your e-commerce site.
Thanks to the CMS, customization, and putting a website online is open to everyone since it's not necessary to know how to code. At Gandi, you just need to choose the amount of power you want your web hosting solution to have and which CMS you want to automatically install.