Why should you buy a .corsica domain name?
Specially created for the French region of Corsica, .corsica, similarly to domain endings for Brittany and Alsace, aims to promote the region online by offering a practical tool to businesses, particularly in the tourism industry, since Corsica is very popular with vacationers. Almost 1,900 .corsica domain names have already been registered.
Give your domain name a Corsican flavor with .corsica
If you work in Corsica or your business is in some way linked to the island in one way or another, .corsica will be particularly useful. Whether you want to gain new customers there, promote your local knowlege, or reach a new market, a .corsica domain name helps you identify as a professional developing a coherent communication strategy on the regional level, all while offering a secure and reputable platform.
A .corsica domain name is especially suitable for the tourism industry
The term "Corsica" is known in France, acorss Europe, and even around the world as a place to enjoy a nice, Mediterranean vacation. A .corsica domain name is well placed to be used by those in the local tourism industry: it lets you reach those in the know as well as potential new visitors alike.
.corsica domain prices
Rules and particularities of .corsica domain names
.CORSICA domain names at Gandi.netAccreditation: Gandi has been accredited by La Collectivité Territoriale de Corse since May, 2015
Terms and ConditionsAssigning: .CORSICA domain names are open to anyone that satisfies at least one of the following criteria:
- Organization in Corsica: an organization having its headquarter in Corsica or a secondary establishment registered in Corsica.
- Corsican resident: a natural person with a valid address on the Corsican territory.
- Diaspora and cultural link, family or identity link with Corsica: any natural person who has and will prove a direct or indirect link (economic, social, cultural, familial, historical or otherwise) with Corsica and who wish to promote and enhance it.
- Trademark protection: an organization having its headquarter outside Corsica and does not have a secondary establishment in Corsica but willing to protect its trademark. In that case the domain name must be strictly identical to the registered trademark et it will be inactive.
In addition, the Registry recommends to the holder of a domain name, in case it creates a website, to create and maintain in Corsica language at least one page of its website.
Premium domain names: any purchase of a premium domain name will necessarily require its exploitation by its holder via an active website (Any activity of speculation, "parking", purchase for the purpose of reselling is strictly prohibited).
Syntax: from 3 to 63 alphanumeric characters or a hyphen (excluding in the first and last place and third and fourth place)
IDN (accented domain names): no
Registration period: 1 to 10 years
Second-level extensions: no
ProceduresRenewal: domains are deactivated upon expiration. It is possible to renew up to 45 days following the expiration date
Disputes: URS and UDRP
Transfer (change of Registrar): the process is started on the new registrar's interface with an auth code. Ensure that your domain does not have a TransferProhibited status, is older than 60 days and has not been transferred in the last 60 days. The effective transfer depends on your validation (by email) and renews the domain name for one year
Change of Ownership: available on our interface, the current procedure consists in email confirmation by both former and new domain name owner. The expiration date is unchanged
Deletion process: quarantine of 30 days, see this table
Frequently Asked Questions
What hosting plan should I choose?
Gandi offers several different types of quality web hosting that are easy to use:
How do I choose the right domain for me?
Explore our various services:
- Check the domain availability of your ideal domain name with our domain search tool
- See all the domain name extensions (over 750) we offer
- new domain name extensions
- WHOIS: view publicly available domain name information
How can I secure my website?
To help secure your website, make use of an SSL certificate from among our offer :
What solutions do you have for online file storage?
We make the Nextcloud open-source platform easy to install and use. It lets you store, share, and easily engage in collaborative work. It's a great way to control your data online.