Gandi offers several different types of quality web hosting that are easy to use:
.eco domain prices
Rules and particularities of .eco domain names
.ECO domain names at Gandi.net
Accreditation: Gandi has been accredited by Big Room Inc. since January 2017
Terms and Conditions
Assigning: .ECO domain names are open to persons that are committed to the environment
Syntax: from 1 to 63 alphanumeric characters or a hyphen (excluding in the first and last place and third and fourth place)
IDN (accented domain names): no
Registration period: 1 to 10 years during general availability, 1 year during Sunrise and Landrush periods
Second-level extensions: no
Registration: All registered .ECO domain names will remain inactive until registrants affirm their eligibility when completing their Eco Profile. To do that the Registry will contact you after the registration of your domain name by email. You will have to complete the following steps to activate your domain name:
- affirm your eligibility (or the eligibility of the user of the website associated to the domain name),
- take a pledge to show your commitment to uphold the purpose and principles of the .ECO.
The eligibility conditions are the following:
- Eligibility through membership of the .ECO Organization: all .ECO registrants will be offered free membership in the .ECO Organization,
- Not-for-profit mission-based organizations that work for the good of the planet,
- Businesses committed to providing products and services that encourage positive environmental change,
- Government bodies that support sustainability through programs, infrastructure and funding amongst other policies and actions,
- People who participate in and support environmental change through membership, financial support or donating their time, as well environmental professionals who contribute to positive environmental change through their work,
- Farms and other producers of agricultural products that achieve European Union organic production and labeling standards.
.ECO registrants are required to display environmental community-related content on and use their .ECO domain names in a manner that supports environmental goals, values and interests.Renewal: domains are deactivated upon expiration. It is possible to renew up to 45 days following the expiration date
Disputes: URS, UDRP and CEDR (section : Community Eligibility Dispute Resolution (“CEDR”))
Transfer (change of Registrar): the process is started on the new registrar's interface with an auth code. Ensure that your domain does not have a TransferProhibited status, is older than 60 days and has not been transferred in the last 60 days. The effective transfer depends on your validation (by email) and renews the domain name for one year
Change of Ownership: available on our interface, the current procedure consists in email confirmation by both former and new domain name owner. The expiration date is unchanged
Deletion process: quarantine of 30 days, see this table
Frequently Asked Questions
What hosting plan should I choose?
How do I choose the right domain for me?
What solutions do you have for online file storage?
We make the Nextcloud open-source platform easy to install and use. It lets you store, share, and easily engage in collaborative work. It's a great way to control your data online.