.no domain prices
Other prices and periods
Rules and particularities of .no domain names
.NO domain names at Gandi.netAccreditation:Gandi has been accredited by Norid since 2009.
Terms and ConditionsAssigning: .NO domain names are open to:
- organizations that are registered with Norway's Central Coordinating Register for Legal Entities and have a Norwegian postal address,
- individuals who are registered in the Norwegian National Registry (Folkeregisteret) with a Norwegian national identity number (fødselsnummer) and have a Norwegian post address.
Attention: the maximum number of .NO domain names per organization is limited to 100 and per individuals is limited to 5.
Syntax:from 2 to 63 alphanumeric characters or a hyphen (excluding in the first and last place).
IDN (accented domain names): yes.
Registration period:1 year.
Second-level extensions:not supporting by Gandi.
ProceduresRegistration:during your registration request on our website, you have to provide the following information:
- for organization: your organization number with Norway's Central Coordinating Register for Legal Entities,
- for individuals: your personal identifier (PID). This number must be previously generated with the Registry via its dedicated interface: PID automat.
After launching your registration request on our website, you must fill out the applicant declaration form on the Registry's website, it must be completed by a legal representative of your organization if the domain name is registered for an organization or by the individual owner itself if the domain name is registered for an individual. At the end of the procedure, you shall have to recover the completed declaration form and send the documents recovered to Gandi by email at email@example.com, with, if the domain name is registered for a legal person, the certificate of registration of the organization. Your request will be validated and your domain name registered after the receipt and the validation of these documents.
DNS: specify at least 2 nameservers (DNS) that are correctly configured, according to the Registry's «zonecheck» standards.
Renewal:no later than 2 days before the expiration date.
Disputes:Domain name policy.
Transfer (change of Registrar): the request is launched from the website of the domain's new registrar. Be sure that you have the domain's auth-code (which you must get from the former registrar) and that it does not expire soon. The expiration date of the domain name remains unchanged.
Change of Ownership: please contact our customer service department.
Deletion process: quarantine of 90 days, see this table.
Frequently Asked Questions
What hosting plan should I choose?
Gandi offers several different types of quality web hosting that are easy to use:
How do I choose the right domain for me?
Explore our various services:
- Check the domain availability of your ideal domain name with our domain search tool
- See all the domain name extensions (over 750) we offer
- new domain name extensions
- WHOIS: view publicly available domain name information
How can I secure my website?
To help secure your website, make use of an SSL certificate from among our offer :
What solutions do you have for online file storage?
We make the Nextcloud open-source platform easy to install and use. It lets you store, share, and easily engage in collaborative work. It's a great way to control your data online.