Gandi offers several different types of quality web hosting that are easy to use:
.swiss domain prices
Rules and particularities of .swiss domain names
.SWISS domain names at Gandi.net
Terms and Conditions
- public body or another public organization under Swiss public law
- legal entity registered in the Swiss Commercial Register having its seat and an effective site of administration in Switzerland; or
- association or foundation not registered in the swiss commercial register having its seat and an effective site of administration in Switzerland.
The name applied for must legitimately be considered as objectively linked to the applicant or the intended use of the domain name. Generic terms are not available to registration (without prejudice to be eligible under the naming mandate program)
Syntax: from 3 to 63 alphanumeric characters or a hyphen (excluding in the first and last place)
IDN (accented domain names): latin script
Registration period: 1 to 10 years for general opening, 1 year for launch phase
Second-level extensions: no
- the reason of your registration and the intended use of your domain name
- your “enterprise ID”
Once Your .SWISS domain name application is submitted, the Registry will proceed to validation of the registrant contact as well as a preliminary examination of whether the application complies with the eligibility rules. Then the domain is published for 20 days during which applicants may submit a registration application for this same domain name.
Launch phase: All launch phases will run simultaneously with the following priority order
1. Sunrise TMCH
2. other prior rights: You have to chose the Sunrise phase without uploading SMD file. To verify your eligibility, we may request from you additional information
- names matching Indications of Source and Geographical Indications in Switzerland recognized by Swiss Law or by International Treaties in which Switzerland is a member,
- names matching trademarks with effect in Switzerland,
- names of legal entities registered in the Swiss Commercial Register having its seat and an effective site of administration in Switzerland (including clear variations and/or abbreviations thereof)
All applications received during the launch phases are subject to a publication period ending 20 calendar days after the last domain applied for in launch phase has been validated and published. Until the end of those 20 days, any domain applied for may still be applied for by other parties.Renewal: domains are deactivated upon expiration. It is possible to renew up to 45 days following the expiration date
Disputes: URS and UDRP
Transfer (change of Registrar): the process is started on the new registrar's interface with an auth code. Ensure that your domain does not have a TransferProhibited status, will not expire soon, is older than 60 days and has not been transferred in the last 60 days. The effective transfer depends on your validation (by e-mail) and renews the domain for 1 year
Change of Ownership: available on our interface
Deletion process: quarantine of 30 days, see this table
Frequently Asked Questions
What hosting plan should I choose?
How do I choose the right domain for me?
What solutions do you have for online file storage?
We make the Nextcloud open-source platform easy to install and use. It lets you store, share, and easily engage in collaborative work. It's a great way to control your data online.