.amsterdam domain prices
Rules and particularities of .amsterdam domain names
.AMSTERDAM domain names at Gandi.netAccreditation: Gandi has been accredited by dotAmsterdam BV since January, 2015.
Terms and ConditionsAssigning: .AMSTERDAM domain names are open to everyone.
From the 28th of April to the 28th of May, 2015 the Sunrise is open to the owner of trademarks registered with the TMCH who owns a valid SMD file.
Local Government Limited Registration Period
The Local Government Limited Registration Period runs from the 29th of May to the 31st of May, 2015.
This phase is designed to allow the local government to register their own names and the names of the places (e.g streets and boroughs) in their municipality. These names are determined in the City administration and allocated by the Registry. Their registration can not be performed online through Our website. Please contact the support team to finalize the operation once You will have the Registry approval.
The Landrush runs from the 1st of June to the 14th of August, 2015.
The applications during Landrush will be ranked as follows:
1. Applications from Public Authorities with a physical address in Amsterdam for names to which they demonstrate a prior right
2. Applications from Public authorities with no physical address in Amsterdam for Domain Names to which they demonstrate prior right
3. Applications from entities (companies and organizations) with a physical address in Amsterdam for domain names to which they demonstrate to be holding a prior right, including and limited to: trademarks registered with the Benelux Office for Intellectual Property or the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market, business name and/or trading names (including clear variations and/or abbreviations thereof)
4. Applications from entities (companies and organizations ) with no physical address in Amsterdam for name to which they demonstrate a prior right : registered trademarks with the Benelux Office for Intellectual Property or the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market, business name and/or trading names (including clear variations and/or abbreviations thereof);
5. Applications from associations in the City of Amsterdam, like associations of shopkeepers within a named geographical area (street, square, quarter and the like) of the City, claiming the name of the geographical area as a domain name
6. Applications from individuals with a physical address in Amsterdam for names to which they demonstrate a prior right : individual name;
7. applications from both entities (companies and organizations) and individuals with a physical address in Amsterdam but no demonstrable prior right to domain name
8. applications from both entities (companies and organizations) and individuals with no physical address in Amsterdam but no demonstrable prior right to a domain name
Syntax: from 3 to 63 alphanumeric characters or a hyphen (excluding in the first and last place and third and fourth place)
IDN (accented domain names): no
Registration period: 1 year during Sunrise, Local Government Limited Registration Period and Landrush
from 1 to 10 years during Sunrise
Second-level extensions: no
ProceduresRenewal: no later than 45 days before the expiration date domains are deactivated upon expiration. It is possible to renew up to 45 days following the expiration date
Disputes: UDRP / URS / Alternative dispute resolution procedures
Transfer (change of Registrar): the process is started on the new registrar's interface with an auth code. Ensure that your domain does not have a TransferProhibited status, will not expire in less than 90 days, is older than 60 days and was not transferred the past 60 days. The successful transfer depends on your validation (by e-mail), and will renew the domain for 1 year.
Change of Ownership: available online via our website. The expiration date remains unchanged
Deletion process: quarantine of 30 days, see this table
Frequently Asked Questions
What hosting plan should I choose?
Gandi offers several different types of quality web hosting that are easy to use:
How do I choose the right domain for me?
Explore our various services:
- Check the domain availability of your ideal domain name with our domain search tool
- See all the domain name extensions (over 750) we offer
- new domain name extensions
- WHOIS: view publicly available domain name information
How can I secure my website?
To help secure your website, make use of an SSL certificate from among our offer :
What solutions do you have for online file storage?
We make the Nextcloud open-source platform easy to install and use. It lets you store, share, and easily engage in collaborative work. It's a great way to control your data online.