Gandi offers several different types of quality web hosting that are easy to use:
.sport domain prices
Legal rules and specificities of .sport domain names
.SPORT domain names at Gandi.net
Terms and Conditions
Syntax: from 1 to 63 alphanumeric characters or a hyphen (excluding in the first and last place and third and fourth place)
IDN (accented domain names): yes
Registration period: 1 to 10 years during general availability, 1 year during Sunrise and Landrush periods
Second-level extensions: no
- GAISF recognized Sport Disciplines: this category is not provide on Gandi's interface, please contact our support team
- Acronyms of GAISF member International Sport Federations: this category is not provide on Gandi's interface, please contact our support team
- Sport Governing Bodies and Public Authorities: federations and other sport Governing Bodies will be allowed to apply for their names, including any clear variations and abbreviations thereof and other terms in common use to describe them, and public authorities may apply for names which are used or will be used by them for sport-related activities
- Clubs and disciplines not eligible in other phases: eligible applicants will be allowed to apply for names corresponding to non-GAISF recognized sport disciplines and sub-disciplines, and sport clubs affiliated to sport federations will be allowed to apply for their names, including any clear variations and abbreviations thereof and other terms in common use to describe them
- Athletes: licensed athletes will be allowed to apply for their names, including any clear variations and abbreviations thereof and other terms in common use to refer to them
- Brands, Events and Corporate Partners: recognized sport events organizers, sponsors, right-holders, sports-related media, and other sports-related corporate partners will allowed to apply for their names, including any clear variations and abbreviations thereof, their brands, and names related to sport events.
The categories provided by Gandi are available on our website under the "Landrush" phase.
For each category, either the Registry or its specialized agents will validate applications under the category. Registry may request additional information to the applicant to validate requests such as, among others, proof of identity, sport license status, proof of a valid trademark, relationship to the sport event, etc.
Renewal: domains are deactivated upon expiration. It is possible to renew up to 45 days following the expiration date
Disputes: URS and UDRP
Transfer (change of Registrar): the process is started on the new registrar's interface with an auth code. Ensure that your domain does not have a TransferProhibited status, is older than 60 days and has not been transferred in the last 60 days. The effective transfer depends on your validation (by email) and renews the domain name for one year
Change of Ownership: available on our interface, the current procedure consists in email confirmation by both former and new domain name owner. The expiration date is unchanged
Deletion process: quarantine of 30 days, see this table
Frequently Asked Questions
What hosting plan should I choose?
How do I choose the right domain for me?
What solutions do you have for online file storage?
We make the Nextcloud open-source platform easy to install and use. It lets you store, share, and easily engage in collaborative work. It's a great way to control your data online.