Rules and particularities of .sport domain names
.SPORT domain names at Gandi.netAccreditation: Gandi has been accredited .SPORT since August 2018
Terms and ConditionsAssigning: .SPORT domain names are open to to individuals and legal entities with a nexus to the sport community. .SPORT domain names must be used in connection with sport related activities and registrants are required to state, at the time of registration, the intended use for the domain name.
Syntax: from 1 to 63 alphanumeric characters or a hyphen (excluding in the first and last place and third and fourth place)
IDN (accented domain names): yes
Registration period: 1 to 10 years during general availability, 1 year during Sunrise and Landrush periods
Second-level extensions: no
ProceduresRegistration: at the same time of the Sunrise period, several limited registration periods will run (from September 4 to December 4 2018). The limited registration periods are split in the following categories under the following priority:
- GAISF recognized Sport Disciplines: this category is not provide on Gandi's interface, please contact our support team
- Acronyms of GAISF member International Sport Federations: this category is not provide on Gandi's interface, please contact our support team
- Sport Governing Bodies and Public Authorities: federations and other sport Governing Bodies will be allowed to apply for their names, including any clear variations and abbreviations thereof and other terms in common use to describe them, and public authorities may apply for names which are used or will be used by them for sport-related activities
- Clubs and disciplines not eligible in other phases: eligible applicants will be allowed to apply for names corresponding to non-GAISF recognized sport disciplines and sub-disciplines, and sport clubs affiliated to sport federations will be allowed to apply for their names, including any clear variations and abbreviations thereof and other terms in common use to describe them
- Athletes: licensed athletes will be allowed to apply for their names, including any clear variations and abbreviations thereof and other terms in common use to refer to them
- Brands, Events and Corporate Partners: recognized sport events organizers, sponsors, right-holders, sports-related media, and other sports-related corporate partners will allowed to apply for their names, including any clear variations and abbreviations thereof, their brands, and names related to sport events.
The categories provided by Gandi are available on our website under the "Landrush" phase.
For each category, either the Registry or its specialized agents will validate applications under the category. Registry may request additional information to the applicant to validate requests such as, among others, proof of identity, sport license status, proof of a valid trademark, relationship to the sport event, etc.
Renewal: domains are deactivated upon expiration. It is possible to renew up to 45 days following the expiration date
Disputes: URS and UDRP
Transfer (change of Registrar): the process is started on the new registrar's interface with an auth code. Ensure that your domain does not have a TransferProhibited status, is older than 60 days and has not been transferred in the last 60 days. The effective transfer depends on your validation (by email) and renews the domain name for one year
Change of Ownership: available on our interface, the current procedure consists in email confirmation by both former and new domain name owner. The expiration date is unchanged
Deletion process: quarantine of 30 days, see this table
Explore our various services:
- Check the domain availability of your ideal domain name with our domain search tool
- See all the domain name extensions (over 750) we offer
Gandi ではオープンソースのオンラインストレージソフトウェアである Nextcloudを簡単にインストールして使えるようにしています。Nextcloud を使うと簡単にファイル共有やオンラインでの共同作業を行うことができ、ファイルは大手ウェブサービスのサーバー上にアップロードされないため、ファイルの所有権も全て自分でコントロールすることができます。