Why choose a .sport domain name?
In order to address the saturation of traditional domain endings like .com and .net, new domain endings were created around specialized themes for professionals in those fields to register. The .sport domain ending was implemented as part of this program, and many organizations have taken advantage: sports clubs, sports events organizers, athletes looking to highlight their personal pages, brands selling athletic products, etc.. If you're in one of these categories, .sport was made for you.
The .sport domain ending opens up a specific market to you
Like .wine or .hotel, the .sport domain ending is devoted to a specific area of activity, and will give you real legitimacy on the internet if you work in the sector. Domain names ending in .sport are not, in fact, open to anyone: they can only be registered by orgnizations (including businesses) and individuals with a link to the world of sports. This is the case with brands registered with TMCH or with clubs and sports recognized by the Global Association of International Sports Federations. For others in the field, you will need to prove your link to the sports community.
An international identity with a .sport domain name
The term "sport" is understood in many languages, and so a .sport domain name lets you reach internet users around the world who play all kinds of sports. We recommend you don't wait to create your domain name, since this domain ending has proven popular.
.sport domain prices
Rules and particularities of .sport domain names
.SPORT domain names at Gandi.netAccreditation: Gandi has been accredited .SPORT since August 2018
Terms and ConditionsAssigning: .SPORT domain names are open to to individuals and legal entities with a nexus to the sport community. .SPORT domain names must be used in connection with sport related activities and registrants are required to state, at the time of registration, the intended use for the domain name.
Syntax: from 1 to 63 alphanumeric characters or a hyphen (excluding in the first and last place and third and fourth place)
IDN (accented domain names): yes
Registration period: 1 to 10 years during general availability, 1 year during Sunrise and Landrush periods
Second-level extensions: no
ProceduresRegistration: at the same time of the Sunrise period, several limited registration periods will run (from September 4 to December 4 2018). The limited registration periods are split in the following categories under the following priority:
- GAISF recognized Sport Disciplines: this category is not provide on Gandi's interface, please contact our support team
- Acronyms of GAISF member International Sport Federations: this category is not provide on Gandi's interface, please contact our support team
- Sport Governing Bodies and Public Authorities: federations and other sport Governing Bodies will be allowed to apply for their names, including any clear variations and abbreviations thereof and other terms in common use to describe them, and public authorities may apply for names which are used or will be used by them for sport-related activities
- Clubs and disciplines not eligible in other phases: eligible applicants will be allowed to apply for names corresponding to non-GAISF recognized sport disciplines and sub-disciplines, and sport clubs affiliated to sport federations will be allowed to apply for their names, including any clear variations and abbreviations thereof and other terms in common use to describe them
- Athletes: licensed athletes will be allowed to apply for their names, including any clear variations and abbreviations thereof and other terms in common use to refer to them
- Brands, Events and Corporate Partners: recognized sport events organizers, sponsors, right-holders, sports-related media, and other sports-related corporate partners will allowed to apply for their names, including any clear variations and abbreviations thereof, their brands, and names related to sport events.
The categories provided by Gandi are available on our website under the "Landrush" phase.
For each category, either the Registry or its specialized agents will validate applications under the category. Registry may request additional information to the applicant to validate requests such as, among others, proof of identity, sport license status, proof of a valid trademark, relationship to the sport event, etc.
Renewal: domains are deactivated upon expiration. It is possible to renew up to 45 days following the expiration date
Disputes: URS and UDRP
Transfer (change of Registrar): the process is started on the new registrar's interface with an auth code. Ensure that your domain does not have a TransferProhibited status, is older than 60 days and has not been transferred in the last 60 days. The effective transfer depends on your validation (by email) and renews the domain name for one year
Change of Ownership: available on our interface, the current procedure consists in email confirmation by both former and new domain name owner. The expiration date is unchanged
Deletion process: quarantine of 30 days, see this table
Frequently Asked Questions
What solutions do you have for online file storage?
We make the Nextcloud open-source platform easy to install and use. It lets you store, share, and easily engage in collaborative work. It's a great way to control your data online.