Gandi offers several different types of quality web hosting that are easy to use:
Legal rules and specificities of .basketball domain names
.BASKETBALL domain names at Gandi.net
Terms and Conditions
From the Registry’s General Opening (January 8th 2019) .BASKETBALL will be available to anyone.
Syntax: from 1 to 63 alphanumeric characters, a hyphen (excluding in the first and last place)
currently 1 to 4 characters domains are reserved.
IDN (accented domain names): No
Registration period: 1 year during Sunrise period, 1 to 10 years during other periods
Second-level extensions: no
The .BASKETBALL domain name launch will occur in different phases:
- TMCH Sunrise (June 19th - August 21st 2017): reserved to the holders of a trademark registered with TMCH, allocation in auction in case of several requests for the same domain
- Limited Registration Periods - Dot Basketball Community Priority Period : during this period registration is reserved to members of the basketball community (including its clubs, teams, officials, events, etc.) and requires the provision of a token that you can obtain with the Registry:
- Community Priority Period - Invitation Only (22 August - 20 October 2017): selected persons within the basketball community will be invited to register names of their choice. This phase will not be available online with Gandi
- Community Priority Period - Landrush (23 October - 22 December 2017): open to all members of the community. Allocation at the end of the period, contested applications will be resolved by a process involving consultation, mediation, and auction. This phase is available with Gandi as “Landrush”
- Community Priority Period - General (4 January 2018 – 7 January 2019): open to all members of the community on a "first come first serve" basis and will be available with Gandi as “Go Live”
- General availability (8 January 2019): open to anyone. It will also be available with Gandi as “Go Live” at the date of the opening phase at the registry. Registrations during the first 7 days of the general opening will be subject to additional costs decreasing over time (“Early Access” period), registrations will be not available online during this period.
Renewal: domains are deactivated upon expiration. It is possible to renew up to 45 days following the expiration date
Disputes: URS and UDRP
Transfer (change of Registrar): the process is started on the new registrar's interface with an auth code. Ensure that your domain does not have a TransferProhibited status, is older than 60 days and has not been transferred in the last 60 days. The effective transfer depends on your validation (by email) and renews the domain name for one year
Change of Ownership: available on our interface, the current procedure consists in email confirmation by both former and new domain name owner. The expiration date is unchanged
Deletion process: quarantine of 30 days, see this table
Frequently Asked Questions
What hosting plan should I choose?
How do I choose the right domain for me?
What solutions do you have for online file storage?
We make the Nextcloud open-source platform easy to install and use. It lets you store, share, and easily engage in collaborative work. It's a great way to control your data online.