The .FR extension is the most popular among small businesses and associations that operate in France. Spontaneously, a majority of French Internet users are looking for a brand on this extension, it increases trust. It is therefore essential if you want to develop on the french market.
To make your project a reality in France, opt for a .FR domain name - the official French extension. The French national extension is available for individual residents of the European Union and companies based in Europe but also in Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
Being the most popular domain extension in France, a .FR domain name offers many advantages:
- Optimal visibility for your site. French Internet users are used to finding their favorite sites under the domain extension.
- It also brings distinction and proximity unlike a more global choice such as a .COM
- A .FR domain name will also help ranking your site on French search engine results.
A .fr domain name for free for all 12-month Simple Hosting purchases
Having an online presence and improving one's digital visibility are major challenges for SMEs. To help companies develop their business, Gandi offers a brand new package:
- 50 % off your web hosting from $45/year
- Free .fr domain name registration
- PHP preconfigured - Automated MySQL
- Free and unlimited SSL certificates , quick installation
- 2 email mailboxes with 3 GB of storage
- Data stored in France
- Customer Care team available 24 hours a day, 6 days a week
Rules and particularities of .fr domain names
.FR domain names at Gandi
Accreditation: Gandi has been accredited by AFNIC since March 2004
Terms and Conditions
Attribution: .FR is open to individuals over 18 years old and organizations which reside in the European Economic Area or in Switzerland. We strongly suggest that organizations fill out the company identification fields (VAT number, SIREN, WALDEC, DUNS, etc.) as this will facilitate any verification that AFNIC might perform at a later date.
The same eligibility conditions apply to the administrative contact. You cannot register domain names finishing by <-gouv.fr>.
Syntax: from 1 to 63 alphanumeric characters or hyphen (other than in the first or last place)
IDN (accented domain names): yes
Registration period: 1 to 10 years
Second-level extensions: .gouv.fr. Some of the other former sub-domains have been dropped or assigned to different resellers
Reserved domain names: names and terms subject to additional particular conditions and to AFNIC prior review (Naming Charter Article 2.4):
- domain names previously reserved or prohibited (list not exhaustive) open to applicants that justify a legitimate right and act in good faith
- names beginning with "ville-", "mairie-", "agglo-", "cc-", "cg-", "cr-" subject to AFNIC naming conventions rules
Renewal:domains are deactivated upon expiration; it is possible to renew up to 28 days following the expiration date
Disputes: Dispute resolution policy, SYRELI
Transfer (change of Registrar): the process is started on the new registrar's interface with an auth code. Ensure that your domain does not expire soon. A transfer usually takes 8 days (22 days if the losing registrar refuses the transfer request). The new expiration date of the domain name will be 1 year after the effective date of the transfer, to which will be added, if applicable, the additional years for which your domain name was registered (excluding the current year during the transfer).
Change of Ownership: available on our interface, the procedure consists in email confirmation by both current and new domain name owner. Expiration date remains unchanged
Deletion process: quarantine of 30 days, see the table
Gandi ではオープンソースのオンラインストレージソフトウェアである Nextcloudを簡単にインストールして使えるようにしています。Nextcloud を使うと簡単にファイル共有やオンラインでの共同作業を行うことができ、ファイルは大手ウェブサービスのサーバー上にアップロードされないため、ファイルの所有権も全て自分でコントロールすることができます。