Why offer you a .bzh domain name?
Open since 2014, .bzh was created specifically for the Northwestern French region of Brittany. The goal of .bzh is to promote the region, but also all the online businesses and activities that have a connection to it, particularly the tourism industry. "Bzh" is short for "Breizh," which means "Brittany" in Breton, the local Celtic dialect. Currently, more than 10,000 .bzh domain names have been registered.
Give a Breton flavor to your domain name with .bzh
If your business has some connection or other with the French region of Brittany, .bzh will be especially useful to you. If your business is located in this region, if you have customers there, or if you want to develop your presence in this market, .bzh is ideal for you. By using .bzh, you're developing a clear, online communication strategy related to your business, all while registering with a reputable and secure domain ending.
A .bzh is especially sutiable for certain industries
In the past few years, the abbreviation "bzh" to represent Brittany has become much more popular thanks to a well run publicity campaign undertaken by the region and its business community. Getting a .bzh helps you more easily reach internet users with a link to Brittany.
Rules and particularities of .bzh domain names
.BZH domain names at Gandi.net
Accreditation: Gandi has been accredited by Association www.bzh since August, 2014
Terms and Conditions
Assigning: .BZH domain names are restricted to the registrants who can meet one of the following criteria :
- a place of residence, headquarters or office located in Brittany (Côtes d’Armor, Ille-et-Vilaine, Finistère, Morbihan, Loire-Atlantique), or
- significant and original content of the website devoted to Brittany and the Breton culture, at most six (6) months after the allocation of the domain name, or
- a significant and original part of the website in the Breton or Gallo language, at most six (6) months after the allocation of the domain name, or
- regular membership of Association www.bzh, which gathers representatives of the linguistic and cultural community.
Syntax: from 1 to 63 alphanumeric characters or a hyphen (excluding in the first and last place and the third and fourth place)
IDN (accented domain names): no
Registration period: 1 to 10 years
Second-level extensions: no
Renewal: no later than 45 days before the expiration date domains are deactivated upon expiration. It is possible to renew up to 45 days following the expiration date
Disputes: URS andUDRP
Transfer (change of Registrar): the process is started on the new registrar's interface with an auth code. Ensure that your domain does not have a TransferProhibited status, will not expire in less than 90 days, is older than 60 days and was not transferred the past 60 days. The successful transfer depends on your validation (by e-mail), and will renew the domain for 1 year.
Change of Ownership: available online via our website. The expiration date remains unchanged
Deletion process: quarantine of 30 days, see this table
Explore our various services:
- Check the domain availability of your ideal domain name with our domain search tool
- See all the domain name extensions (over 750) we offer
Gandi ではオープンソースのオンラインストレージソフトウェアである Nextcloudを簡単にインストールして使えるようにしています。Nextcloud を使うと簡単にファイル共有やオンラインでの共同作業を行うことができ、ファイルは大手ウェブサービスのサーバー上にアップロードされないため、ファイルの所有権も全て自分でコントロールすることができます。