.reit domain prices
Rules and particularities of .reit domain names
.REIT domain names at Gandi.netAccreditation: Gandi has been accredited by The National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT) since November, 2015
Terms and ConditionsAssigning: .REIT domain names are reserved to legal entities that meet the definition of a real estate investment trust (REIT) under applicable national law. Please read carefully the registration requirements on the following website:Registry Policies
Syntax: from 3 to 63 alphanumeric characters or a hyphen (excluding in the first and last place and third and fourth place)
IDN (accented domain names): no
Registration period: 1 to 10 years during general availability, 1 year during Sunrise period
Second-level extensions: no
ProceduresRegistrationApplicants may register any number of domain names that meet the requirements of the Registry’s Second-Level Domain Name Policy, provided
(i) the Registrant for all domain names must be the actual REIT entity (i.e., the Qualifying REIT) and may not be REIT sponsors, holding companies, or other affiliated entities (although such entities may facilitate the registration as long as the Qualifying REIT is the Registrant);
(ii) domain names must correspond to the Qualifying REIT in accordance with the Second-Level Domain Name Policy specifications, and may not correspond to the name of REIT sponsors, holding companies, or other affiliated entities; and
(iii) all domain names must be used.
The domain name(s) chosen must either correspond to the REIT’s legal trade name(s) or be the name by which the REIT is commonly known, including acronyms, registered and common law trademarks, or exchange ticker symbols:
– Certain commonly used legal suffix terms or abbreviations that are in the REIT’s legal trade names may be excluded or abbreviated provided that the requested domain name is still sufficiently unique as to clearly identify the domain name to the specific REIT.
– Commonly known names by which the REIT is identified must be sufficiently unique as to clearly identify the domain name to the specific REIT.
– Names which may be confusing to the public because they correspond too closely to the name of a REIT’s sponsor, holding companies, or other affiliated entities are not eligible.
Registration of domain names using generic or descriptive terms relating to REITs is prohibited, except to the extent the domain name qualifies the eligibility policy requirements.
Renewal: domains are deactivated upon expiration. It is possible to renew up to 45 days following the expiration date
Disputes: URS and UDRP CEDRP
Transfer (change of Registrar): the process is started on the new registrar's interface with an auth code. Ensure that your domain does not have a TransferProhibited status, is older than 60 days and has not been transferred in the last 60 days. The effective transfer depends on your validation (by email) and renews the domain name for one year
Change of Ownership: available on our interface, the current procedure consists in email confirmation by both former and new domain name owner. The expiration date is unchanged
Deletion process: quarantine of 30 days, see this table
Frequently Asked Questions
What hosting plan should I choose?
Gandi offers several different types of quality web hosting that are easy to use:
How do I choose the right domain for me?
Explore our various services:
- Check the domain availability of your ideal domain name with our domain search tool
- See all the domain name extensions (over 750) we offer
- new domain name extensions
- WHOIS: view publicly available domain name information
How can I secure my website?
To help secure your website, make use of an SSL certificate from among our offer :
What solutions do you have for online file storage?
We make the Nextcloud open-source platform easy to install and use. It lets you store, share, and easily engage in collaborative work. It's a great way to control your data online.