Are you on .top? Stay that way by renewing your .top domain by the end of the year for just $5.90.
There's no better way to get back into tip top shape than a tip .top domain for the down low price of just $1.50 per year*. And all 2017 — from January 1 through December 31 — .top domains are on sale. It's a year to go to the .top.
Spin up a new .top?
*Prices in USD. See .top page for local pricing.
- Number 10: Monday June 20 marks the five-year anniversary of when ICANN announced that they would begin accepting applications for new gTLDs within the year, including .top.
- Number 9: Your .top domain doesn't have to expire in the next 10 days for you to renew it.
- Number 8: Registration of .top domains has surpassed 2.5 million, making it the number two most registered new gTLD.
- Number 7: This also makes it the top (no pun intended, really) most registered new gTLD based outside of the US
- Number 6: .top is one of four new gTLDs put on record with Chinese MIIT to build a website with
- Number 5: It’s easy to type. c, o and m are about as far apart on the keyboard as possible. t, o and p, though? All in the same row. You could type it one-handed.
- Number 4: .top is international. Registrations span 230 countries.
- Number 3: Over 30 words in the English language end in -top. And that’s not counting innumerable phrases (careful for premium domains, though).
- Number 2: If you’re on top, and you like being on top, you should stay on top and keep your .top domain. You just should.
- Number 1: The number one reason to renew a .top domain before July 1 is because .top renewals are on promotion for ten days only (one day for each of the reasons on this list): from June 20 to June 30, 2016.
Domains in this extension can be renewed for just $6.26 per year (they’re normally $12.52 at A rates). So that’s a full half-off.
It’s easy to stay on .top if you can get half-off.
It's not secret the internet has become a desperate battle for clicks. It is survival of the clickiest and this unnatural selection has resulted in some pretty bizarre mutations: click-bait articles for one but also, of course, listicles (unfortunately not a frozen treat ... yet).
Honestly, we're not the listicle types, but in deference to its almighty power, we decided to compile a list of the Top Reasons to get a .top domain this December:
1. It's Chinese for breakthrough
So not only is it a strong, powerful TLD in English, but in Chinese as well.
Also, you know, globalization and stuff.
2. No better way to show your love for blouses and spinning things
The domain halter.top is already taken but the field is wide-open for other tops, and that's not to mention the little gyroscope thingies.
3. A .top top-level domain is, like, so meta
It's like the movie Inception in domain form.
4. .top just celebrated its one-year anniversary
On November 17, 2014, .top entered the GoLive phase, and so this past month it celebrated its one-year birthday.
5. It's on sale for just $1.29 until December 31, 2015 February 1, 2016 at 4:00 PM PST.
So you don't have to pay top dol--no, sorry, no we can't bring ourselves to make a pun that bad.
Register a .top?
"Top" is the pronunciation of the Chinese word for "breakthrough," but of course it's also the English word for the highest point, the apex, the pinnacle of something. Like being at the top of one's game, the top of the market, you know, the kind of position you'll be in after you break through.
Good news for breakthroughs and those already on top, then, because .top domains are on sale until the end of this year for creations and renewals. Though they normally cost $27.37 for one year at A rates, you can register one for just $1.99 (also at A rates). Renewals, normally $27.37 will be available for $9.00 per year.
Register a .top?
Officially, the new .TOP gTLD is about "breakthrough," since the Chinese word for "breakthrough" is similar in pronounciation to "top" but we foresee a lot of other options for .TOP domains. You could go the spinning children's toy route or you could go with world domination in a particular area. Maybe you like shirts and blouses and things. Or, consider that TLD itself stands for top-level domain. In any case, .TOP has been in Golive since November 17 and now it's finally available from Gandi, for a one-year registration at A rates for $27.37.
Register a .top?