An HTTPS certificate for every website: from the simplest to the most complex
A wide SSL certificate selection at competitive prices
Gandi offers a full range of SSL certificates, also known as https certificates — from single address to wildcard; from standard to full Business EV SSL certificates, all at great prices! Each domain registered at Gandi also comes with a free 1-year Standard single-address https certificate.
Easy to use anywhere, free for Gandi customers
You can purchase and easily use a Gandi SSL certificate for any domain name. Any Simple Hosting customer with an "S+" or larger size instance gets an unlimited, free, and automatically installed https certificate for their site or sites.
30-day money-back guarantee
If you are not satisfied with your SSL certificate, we will give you a full refund within 30 days of when you validate your order.
SSL Certificate pricing
|Extended Validation ("green bar")||No||No||No||Yes|
|Transaction warranty||No||No||Up to $250,000||Up to $250,000|
|Automated certificate management||Yes||No||No||No|
|Can be used||On Simple Hosting||Everywhere||Everywhere||Everywhere|
|Single address||Free||$26.48 per year||$77.80 per year||$595.91 per year|
|Wildcard||$264.85 per year||$562.80 per year|
|Multi-domain||$82.77 per year||$1,051.12 per year|
Secure your transactions with a Gandi SSL certificate
256-bit SSL encryption
We provide SSL encryption keys at the maximum security level supported by existing web browsers.
Free with your domain name
Each domain name registration comes with a free, 1-year Standard https certificate.
SSL certificates compatible with accented domains
You can also purchase an SSL certificate if your domain name has accented characters (IDN).
99% browser recognition
Our https certificates are recognized by over 99% of all web browsers available on the market (IE/Edge, Firefox, Chrome, etc.).
You can automatically generate and deploye any Gandi SSL certificate on your Simple Hosting instance.
30-day money-back Guarantee
If you are not satisfied with your https certificate, we will give you a full refund within 30 days of when you validate your order.
SSL Certificate Authority
Gandi is a hosted SSL Certificate Authority operated by Sectigo for our Standard and Pro SSL certificate options. That means we can rapidly issue you a standard SSL certificate, so you can implement SSL on your website quickly and easily.
Automated SSL certificate management
With our Free SSL service level you can automatically generate your https certificate, deploy it on your Simple Hosting and renew it for free each year.
The SSL certificate, now a mainstream online feature
First created in 1994, the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) Certificate, or https certificate, was initially used only by e-commerce and banking websites. Today, getting an SSL certificate is very simple. For this and other reasons, the vast majority of websites you visit on a daily basis use an https certificate. You can tell whether a website uses SSL at a glance, by looking in the address bar in your web browser. If you see the “https” prefix instead of “http,” and if you also see a lock icon, you know the page you’re currently visiting uses SSL and is protected by a valid https certificate.Buy an SSL certificate
Operation and types of SSL certificate
Why do I need SSL for my website?
Having an SSL certificate (also known as an https certificate) ensures that any data sent from a user to your server, and vice versa, is properly secured using the public-key cryptographic TLS (or SSL) protocol. With an https certificate in place, any data you send online is protected by SSL public key encryption from any entity who might try to intercept or change it.
You can use SSL by installing SSL certificates on any type of websites, including personal homepages, since it is such an essential part of the modern internet. Your visitors will see your website as more trustworthy when you use SSL, putting you a step above the rest.
What are the different types of SSL certificate?
The are three main types of SSL certificate. Each type of SSL certificate is designed for a different use case. Our SSL solutions are made to adapt to your needs and your degree of expertise.
Standard SSL Certificate
The Standard SSL Certificate (or standard HTTPS certificate) is our simplest SSL option. You can create you Standard SSL Certificate for free if you subscribe to one of Gandi’s Simple Hosting plans. Use our intuitive interface to generate this type of https certificate. Our system will renew your SSL certificate automatically before its expiration date. With Gandi, you can benefit from the increased safety and higher level of trust that SSL encryption offers without putting in any extra work. That makes the Standard SSL Certificate the ideal product for individuals who want to develop their online presence, whether they’re just getting started or are seasoned web developers.
Professional SSL Certificate
The Professional HTTPS Certificate (or Professional SSL Certificate) is only available for business accounts and other similar legal entities. One advantage of the Professional SSL Certificate is that it comes with a financial warranty of up to $250,000 that will be paid in the event the https certificate fails to provide you with the security it guarantees. The Professional SSL Certificate is the ideal option for any business or corporation wanting to protect its users’ confidential data using SSL. As an option, you can also protect a domain name and all its subdomains.
Business SSL Certificate
The “Business” SSL Certificate (or Business HTTPS Certificate) is also exclusively offered to businesses and corporations. This SSL certificate is securely validated by Sectigo. The Business SSL Certificate offers you the same level of financial protection as the Professional SSL Certificate, as well as other options such as the ability to protect more than a single domain name under a single https certificate. This type of SSL certificate is perfect for large businesses who use many servers and domain names.
FAQ / frequently asked questions
How do I install an SSL certificate?
To help secure your website and get a URL starting with https, choose an SSL or https certificate from among the SSL certificate options we offer, from Standard to Wildcard to Business extended validation certificates, all at great prices. Each domain registered at Gandi also comes with a free 1-year standard single-address SSL certificate.
For customers with a Gandi Simple Hosting instance (size S+ to XXL), we provide a free, standard SSL certificate that can be automatically installed for you.
Otherwise, you are free to use your SSL certificates anywhere you need, by generating your own CSR, and following the entire procedure on the SSL certificate installation on your website.
What information does an SSL certificate contain?
Gandi's SSL certificates provide assurances of the security of your site by displaying:
- A green box in the address bar (either the text is shown in green letters or the entire bar is green, depending on the browser)
- "https: //" with a chain icon
The user can see the details of the https certificate by clicking the chain icon, including:
- The name of the owner of the website
- The name of the SSL Certificate Authority (CA)
- The SSL certificate validity dates
Which type of SSL certificate should I choose ?
Every SSL certificate we offer is delivered by a Certificate Authority that guarantees a high level of security, no matter what type of SSL you choose for your website. That being said, here's what each type of https certificate we offer is used for :
- Standard SSL certificate: protects one or several websites. Only the domain name is verified through an online validation process. This type of https certificate can be used on personal sites, content sites, or showcase sites that do not directly handle payments, since it has no warantee on financial transactions. - NB: even if transactions are managed through an external app (e.g. Paypal) you can still use this type SSL certificate.
- Professional SSL certificate: secures one or several websites with a warantee on financial transactions. A Professional SSL certificate offers a higher level of validation. This type of SSL or https certificate validates the organization itself, and therefore can only be purchased by companies that can prove their real, legal existence. As such, this type of SSL certificate is only available for businesses or other legal entities.
- Business SSL certificate (EV): secures one or several websites with a higher warantee regarding financial transactions. It offers the highest degree of security as it requires the most extensive verification of your identity. This type of SSL or https certificate is only available for businesses or other legal entities.
On these types of SSL certificate, you can also protect more than one address:
- Multi-domain - available on the Standard and Business SSL certificate: The multi-domain option can prove more cost-effective than purchasing and managing more than one single-address https certificate.
- Wildcard - Available for Standard and Pro SSL certificates: The Wildcard option not only does everything a single-address SSL certificate does, it also protects every subdomain for any given domain. It is easier to manage if you have many subdomains to secure with SSL, and can be quite cost effective.