Free hosting at Gandi
Do I need to give Gandi my banking information to get free hosting?
All you need to do to get your free website hosting trial is create a new free account on Gandi. For the duration of our 10-day, free website hosting offer, you will not have to make any payments or even provide us with your credit card information. As soon as you finish the registration process, you can start your free website hosting trial. We will only ask for your bank information once your free hosting trial has ended and only if you're fully satisfied with the free hosting trial and decide to renew your subscription beyond the free hosting period.
What is Gandi’s free web hosting about?
You can only use Gandi’s 10-day, free website hosting offer with the first Simple Hosting instance you create. Our free hosting plans of every size ranging from S+ to XXL come with 50 GB of storage space and unlimited bandwidth, ensuring that you will never be charged any extra fees, even for unexpected traffic spikes, even after your free website hosting trial period is over.
Our Simple Hosting solution, which you can try for your 10-day free hosting trial, also includes a free SSL (TLS) certificate for each domain name attached to it, allowing you to encrypt all interactions between your users and your free website hosting. If you purchase your domain name on our platform, we will automatically pair it with your free web hosting instance.
What programming languages is Gandi’s free web hosting solution compatible with?
When creating a new Gandi Simple Hosting instance, whether for your free webite hosting trial period or not, you will have the choice between the Standard configuration or a customized setup. The Standard configuration option, which you can feel free to select for your free hosting period, is perfectly suited for hosting most websites, and is immediately compatible with popular technologies such as WordPress, which you may use for free with your free website hosting. It runs the most current versions of PHP and MySQL.
For your free website hosting database, you may choose between MySQL and PostgreSQL. This great flexibility is what allows us to accommodate all types of websites on our free web hosting platform.
What should I do if I’m running into problems during the free hosting setup process?
Our control panel, which you should become familiar with during our free web hosting trial period, has been designed to be as simple and intuitive as possible. However, there is always a chance that you might run into a few problems while setting up your Simple Hosting free hosting instance. In that case, you can contact our technical support for no additional charge at any time via e-mail to get proper assistance with configuring your free website hosting solution.
FAQ / frequently asked questions
How do I host a website?
- We provide hosting services of different sizes corresponding to your site's traffic including free web hosting for the first 10 days
- Once you sign up for your free web hosting trial, you will have an FTP server address (firstname.lastname@example.org), a user (username), and a password
- You can then upload your site's files to the free hosting server.
- You can run your website during the 10-day free website hosting trial period without one, but in order for your site to have an address on the web, you'll also need to buy a domain name
What domain name will have the most impact on SEO?
- Choose a domain ending that's geo-localized (.us, .ca, .uk, .nyc, or .london), linked to what you do (.org, .tech, .store, .site), or targeted by product or services (.gay, .best, or .art)
- Choose a short and easy-to-remember domain name that uses keywords, or references your brand name or industry
- Choose a domain that already has some history (a reserved domain, an expired domain, etc.) to take advantage of the SEO that Google gives to sites that have been online for a few years. Use Gandi.net's WHOIS to find who owns a domain that's already registered
- Add an SSL (TLS) certificate to your domain for prioritization over sites that lack SSL
Is it possible to change domain names?