Why a .pw?
Your professional website with a .pw domain name
Professionals around the world can now have a uniquely professional online identity thanks to the .pw domain ending. Anyone can create their own online presence, and it's becoming increasingly difficult to distinguish yourself as a professional on the web. Since .com and other big TLDs run out of decent names, experts are forced to compromise by choosing lengthier and less brandable domain names.
Because .pw is a new namespace, your professional identity on the internet can be established with the help of the many short, generic, and first-choice domain name options available with .pw! Instead of settling for something else, choose your first-choice domain name with .pw.
Professionals who want to start an online presence can use .pw to do so
- .pw is for everyone, it doesn't matter whether you're a doctor or a lawyer, or a blogger. It doesn't matter if you're a musician or an artist. Use .pw to establish yourself as a professional in your field of expertise.
- .pw is a free and open platform: There are no restrictions, nor is any paperwork required to register a .pw domain name.
- .pw is global and local at the same time: Even though it was originally assigned to Palau in 1997, it was redelegated and renamed as the "Professional Web" domain in March 2013. Anyone can register a .pw domain name, regardless of where they live. Localize your brand with an IDN-based .pw domain name in the language of your choice.
The "Professional Web" domain name, an open, quality namespace
- Available: If you want a professional online presence, .pw has what you're looking for! First-choice names are available in the .pw domain space.
- Open: .pw domain names are open to all. Thanks to .pw, businesses and professionals around the world can enjoy a new location online. People are also buying .pw domains to mean "password" since that can be abbreviated "pw." For example, a domain name like forgot.pw could mean "forgotten password."
- Safe: The .pw registry has implemented stringent measures to provide a clean & abuse-free namespace for genuine professionals. With zero tolerance towards abuse, you can rest assured that you'll be associated with a reputable namespace.
.pw domain prices
Rules and particularities of .pw domain names
.PW domain names at Gandi.net
Accreditation: Gandi has been accredited by .PW Registry since December 2012
Terms and Conditions
Assigning: .PW domain names are open to everyone
Syntax: from 3 to 63 alphanumeric characters or a hyphen (excluding in the first and last place)
IDN (accented domain names): yes
Registration period: 1 to 10 years
Second-level extensions: no
Renewal: domains are deactivated upon expiration. It is possible to renew up to 40 days following the expiration date
Disputes: UDRP /
Transfer (change of Registrar): the request is launched from the website of the domain's new registrar. Be sure that you have the domain's auth code (which you must get from the former registrar), that the domain's status is not "TransferProhibited", that it does not expire soon and that it was created and transferred at least 60 days prior to therequest. The transfer must be confirmed by email and the expiration date remains unchanged
Change of Ownership: requires Gandi's owner change form and accompanying proofs of ID. The expiration date remains unchanged
Deletion process: Quarantine of 30 days, see this table
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I choose the right domain for me?
What solutions do you have for online file storage?
We make the Nextcloud open-source platform easy to install and use. It lets you store, share, and easily engage in collaborative work. It's a great way to control your data online.